Welcome to the Office of Distance Learning in the WellStar College of Health and Human Services. The goal of the Office of Distance Learning in the WellStar College is to provide faculty with the support and resources necessary to deliver exceptional online courses that are certified through Quality Matters (QM) and the Distance Learning Center (DLC) at Kennesaw State University.
Charity Bryan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Program Director for Online Education
WellStar College of Health and Human Services
Prillaman Health Sciences, Room 3109
Kennesaw State University
WCHHS Online Showcase
Chance to Receive $500 Travel Stipend!
This spring, we will have our first-ever WellStar College Online Showcase in Prillaman
Details are below—please consider submitting your online teaching idea!
Faculty who teach online are invited to submit their best online teaching idea. Three faculty will be selected to present (5–7 minutes each, with 3–5 minutes for Q&A) and will receive a $500 travel stipend!
The WellStar College Online Showcase presentations will take place at our final Lunch and Learn Professional Development.
Monday, April 17th at noon
Indoor Plaza—Prillaman Hall
This is a great chance to learn from colleagues and see new and unique ideas in online teaching pedagogy!
Faculty who are interested in presenting can SUBMIT their best online teaching idea. The deadline to submit is March 31st!
In addition to the faculty showcase (12:00–12:30), we will have a guest speaker from 12:30–1:00. Dr. Teresa Johnson from Troy University will join us and present on “Virtual Fieldtrips” as a teaching strategy in online courses.
Please mark your calendar and, if you teach online, please submit your best online teaching idea! Questions? Please contact Charity Bryan at email@example.com
Spring 2017 Accessibility Workshop Series
* January 31, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm (LUNCH PROVIDED)
Creating Accessible Documents
- Participants will locate, collect, and analyze resources designed to help them create or modify a document with headings, correctly formatted tables, appropriate contrast, adequate alternative text, and descriptive links that are compliant with WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
* February 15, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Multimedia Captioning and Transcriptions
- Participants will engage in the process of creating a transcript and caption file for a video or multimedia course element.
* March 23, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Checking Courses for Accessibility
- Participants will analyze course materials for accessibility features using a WCAG 2.0 standards checklist and a Section 508 checklist.
* Location in Prillaman Hall TBARegister Now