Fall Cohort Admission
In order to be admitted to the Health and Physical Education (P-12) program, majors must apply to both the Bagwell College Teacher Preparation Program and to the Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education. It is recommended that majors arrange to meet with a HPE Faculty Advisor each semester to assure that are on track to apply for program admission. Both sets of applications are due between March 1-July 30 for acceptance into the HPE Cohort that begins each fall.
Teacher Education Eligibility Requirements
Admission to the Health and Physical Education (P-12) Program requires application and admission to the Bagwell College Teacher Preparation Program. Information about criteria for admission to Teacher Education is available through Bagwell College of Education.
Health and Physical Education (P-12) Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the criteria for Admission to Teacher Education, the Health and Physical Education (P-12) program requires that the following criteria also be met:
- Completed with a “C” or better: HPS/WELL 1000, HPE 2000, HPE 2050, HPE 2250 and either HPE 1560 or 1580
- Received a minimum letter grade of “C” in any required HPE major courses
- Submitted three acceptable faculty recommendations
- Submitted current completed Course Checksheet and Planned Program of Study. These will be provided by your ESS advisor.
- Exhibited responsible professional behavior in classes, field experiences and interactions with peers and faculty
- Demonstrated interest in the field through participation in and contribution to majors' club and/or other professional activities
- Expressed a desire to enter teacher education through a well-written personal narrative emphasizing experiences relevant to teaching
After formal review of all program application materials, students will be notified of their admission status. Questions regarding HPE Major program admission may be directed to the coordinator: Dr. Peter St. Pierre, email@example.com, (478) 578-6775, Convocation Center 3045.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS — PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- HPE Faculty Letters of Recommendation
- HPE Major Course Checksheet—completed by you and your academic advisor
- HPE Planned Program of Study—completed by you and your academic advisor
- HPE Application