Students must demonstrate completion of:
- Nonprofit Competencies: identified and validated by the nonprofit sector, the competencies outline the knowledge, skills, and abilities; needed to lead and manage a nonprofit organization;
- Internship Experience: 300-hour internship or professional employment with a nonprofit organization;
- Leadership and Service Activities: demonstrated community leadership skills in diverse situations;
- Management/Leadership Institute attendance; and
- Baccalaureate Degree or enrollment in a KSU major leading to a Baccalaureate Degree.
Interested students may enroll in this program by contacting the Campus Executive Director of the KSU Nonprofit Leadership Alliance who is housed in the Department of Social Work and Human Services and completing the online application. To qualify for the program, students must:
- Earn and be able to maintain an Institutional GPA of 3.0 or higher (or have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution);
- Complete all General Education course requirements, unless the student already possesses an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution; and
- Complete the online application, which includes a 150-word personal statement describing
his/her interest in the certificate program and how the certificate program will benefit
his/her future career trajectory.
The National Nonprofit Leadership Alliance organization requires a direct payment of $125.00 be made for affiliation, certification and credentialing.
Certificate Application Review & Acceptance Deadlines*
Applications submitted between: August 1 – October 31
Notification by: November 30
Applications submitted between: November 1 – February 28
Notification by: March 30
Applications submitted between: March 1 – June 30
Notification by: August 1
*Note: Non-degree seeking students must also submit an application for admission to KSU at: admissions.kennesaw.edu/apply/non_degree.php