Student Mentor Positions
The Academy for Inclusive Learning and Social Growth hires current Kennesaw State University students to be peer mentors for Academy audit students and assist them with academics and internships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to helping revise assignments and exams, assisting with schedule management and accessing technology (such as D2L), maintaining documentation for weekly progress, breaking down tasks into teachable components, acting as liaison between students/faculty/staff, and encouraging social engagement on campus.
- Experience or interest working with people with different developmental and intellectual abilities
- Excellent phone, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Must be an energetic individual who takes initiative
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Knowledge of KSU campus
- Strong organization skills and a high degree of integrity
- Flexible schedule
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Student assistants MUST be currently enrolled in at least a half-time credit load (at least 6 hours) at KSU with the primary goal of achieving a degree.
SEARCH: Peer Mentor
Please attach an updated class schedule and a list of references along with a cover letter and resume when applying through Handshake.