The Children and Family Programs (CFP) at Kennesaw State University improves the lives of KSU students and their families by providing evidence-based support in the form of parent training and behavioral therapy, alongside academic support. CFP additionally offers parenting support to families in the community, program development and in-services for K-12 institutions, and continuing education workshops for professionals.
Family Resource HubHelpful resources for families in Northwest, GA, Metro Atlanta, and beyond, as well as the new client packet application forms.
Social Emotional LearningSocial skills training options offered for children and families seeking behavior therapy, treatment, and other prevention services.
Students who ParentResources for KSU students who are juggling parenting and their own school work.
University StudentsUndergraduate and graduate students at KSU and other universities who are interested in interning with the Children and Family Programs.
ProfessionalsSocial workers, teachers, or agencies seeking services from the Children and Family Programs.
GiveDonate to Children and Family Programs to benefit low-income families in and around Cobb County and scholarships for KSU students.
CFP In the News
- Cobb Collaborative and CFP Unite for a Cause
- Allison Garefino and the KSU Children and Family Programs Help Parents Learn
- Interview of Dr. Garefino
- Article in "Cobb in Focus"
- Article in Marietta Daily Journal
- Article in "My Forsyth Magazine"
- Randomized Trial of First-Line Behavioral Intervention to Reduce Need for Medication in Children with ADHD