FAQs | Public Health Education Minor

  • Contact the appropriate Department office for the specific course you are trying to add. Include the reasons for your request as well as your full name, major, course and CRN, and KSU ID number.

  • If you are denied registration to a course in your program of study and meet the requirement
    of course prerequisite and are a declared major or minor, please complete the override
    request form found here:

  • Course substitutions are handled through the Advising Center and/or your assigned academic advisor. For substitutions specific to courses from other institutions, access the Registrar's Transfer Articulation System to determine if a course you have completed has been substituted on your academic records.
  • Students must declare a major or minor via Owl Express.
  • Without exception, students must petition to graduate in the semester prior to your anticipated graduation date. Specific dates can be found on the academic calendar via the Registrars Office. Petitions to graduate are completed directly through your personal Owl Express account. Note that petitions to graduate are in effect for one year.
  • The PHE Minor is comprised of a total of 18 credit hours of study, 12 credits in the Public Health Education Minor Core and 6 credits in the Public Health Education Minor Electives.
  • An internship in the PHE Minor is optional. PHE 4700—Advanced PHE Internship—is available to students interested in completing 1 to 6 credit hours of internship experience. Students in the Minor are eligible for PHE 4700 upon successful completion of the 4 core courses in the Minor.