Public Health Education Admission
Admission to the Public Health Education program is separate from admission to Kennesaw State University. Students must meet the program requirements outlined below to pursue this degree. Students should declare the Public Health Education (PHE) Major-Interest through Owl Express > Student Records > Declare or Change Major/Minor. For more information, view the Office of the Registrar Registration Policies.
As a gated program, formal admission into the Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education program is based on the following criteria:
- Completion of 30 overall course credits including a “C” or better in the following courses: WELL 2000, PHE 2000, and PHE 2100.
- An Institutional GPA of 2.5 or higher (please note that maintaining a 2.5 GPA is required for continued program admission and entry into PHE 4750).
- Completion of the online Public Health Education application form, which includes dept. referral, PHE involvement statement, and future career goal essay.
The required Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education program application materials should be completed in consultation with the student’s assigned academic advisor to review and verify academic records and to plan courses of study.
- Fall Semester (October 1)
- Spring Semester (March 1)
- Summer Semester (August 1)