Public Health Education Admission
Students should declare the Public Health Education (PHE) major through
Owl Express > Student Records > Declare or Change Major/Minor.
For more information, view the Office of the Registrar Registration Policies
Admission into the Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education program is based on the following criteria:
- Completion of 60 hours of Public Health Education program requirements which include:
- Public Health Education prerequisite courses (See #2 Below)
- General Education requirements with an overall Adjusted Grade Point Average (AGPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Completion with a “C” or higher: WELL 1000, STAT 1107, HPE 2250, PHE 2100, and PHE 2400.
- Formal application for program admission includes the submission of the following:
- Two positive faculty recommendations
- Completion of the Public Health Education application form online
- Completion of current Public Health Education course check sheet which must be signed by your advisor and includes planned courses of study
- Appropriate academic and professional behavior exhibited in classes, academic and field-related experiences, and in interactions with peers, faculty, staff, and community members as documented in PHE Student Dispositions, instructors’ feedback, and additional documentation when applicable.
- Interest in the Public Health Education field demonstrated through participation in and contributions to professional organizations and related activities/events.
The required Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education program application materials should be completed in consultation with an assigned academic advisor to review and verify academic records and to plan your courses of study.
- Fall Semester (October 1)
- Spring Semester (March 1)
- Summer Semester (August 1)