Human Service Majors interested in applying for the CAST certificate will need to complete an application form and submit a background check and current resume.
Certificate Application Review & Acceptance Deadlines
- Applications submitted between August 1–October 31
Notification by November 30
- Applications submitted between November 1–February 28
Notification by March 30
- Applications submitted between March 1–June 30
Notification by August 1
- Minimum Institutional GPA of 2.5
- Completed background check (fee assumed by student)**
- Current Resume
Note 1: Nonmajors can take CAST courses as part of their elective offerings.
Note 2: Upon acceptance into the certificate program, HS majors must complete the DocuSign form. This form must be on file with the registrar’ office majors seeking an embedded certificate before the certificate can be awarded
The required DocuSign form can be found on the Registrar’s website under forms.Sign Form
Please note that:
- The student must initiate the DocuSign form.
- The student identifies an advisor and advisor email on the form. (Use Dr. Wade-Berg, email@example.com)
- The form will route to the advisor for review and approval.
- The form will then route to the Registrar’s Office where we will add the Embedded Certificate note in Degree Works.
- The embedded certificate will be awarded upon degree completion.
- A $15.00 certificate fee will be applied to the student’s account upon awarding of the certificate.
- A transcript note will be added to the permanent record upon the awarding of the certificate.
- The Registrar’s third-party diploma vendor will print the certificate which will be sent to the student’s degree petition address.